Learn About The Find - Take - Teach Helper Process
What is it? "A Simplified 1:1 Spiritually Led Family History Experience
Skip to about 8:15 minutes on the video for the actual interview.
However the first 8 minutes is also great at explaining the process of Find-Take-Teach and how it is to be used in teaching families new to Family History.
- Prepare spiritually. Seek the Spirit. Ask the Lord for help as you prepare to meet the needs of the individual or family you are working with. Pray for them before you meet. Ask them to pray for you.
- Discover the family’s goals. Have a conversation with them about what they want to do.
- Get access to their FamilySearch account. Ask for their name, their birth date, and the last five digits of their membership record number (their helper number).
- Prepare and deliver a personalized lesson. Explore their tree and then create a detailed plan to help them accomplish their goals and feel the Spirit.
- Invite them to complete the temple ordinances. Where possible, invite them to involve other family members in their temple service.
- Find Others to Teach. During the lesson, ask them whom they could help to enjoy a similar experience.